Sunday, December 13, 2009

Romance


Romance is not something I identify myself easily with.
If it sounds like I’m killing all the fun; well, then let me explain.

They say Romance is a manifestation of Love.
It is Love that makes a boy gift a moist-petalled red rose to his girl while on his knees. Or, for that matter, a box of Rocher Ferrero; or even an Archies... to make her exclaim with joy.

I find it silly.
Probably, coz I belong to the more serious breed of humans.

I find myself very practical and realistic in matters of ‘Love’.

I believe Love is more about care. It’s not about the momentarily pleasant surprises; but, the happiness that lasts.

My girl would truly be happy when I share her load in the kitchen and household works; take our little kid to play in the park giving her some very valuable free time; let her decide on the travel itinerary we both long for; and above all, support in her shoppings.

Girls on their part have limited activity associated with Romance. On such occasions, they tend to talk their hearts out; which, I must confess, happens even otherwise!

Oh' I also gift her a bar of Lindt; help decide on her dress for the outing; pamper her with loads of garments (that were on sale); send SMS with my quirky ‘shayari’…; all this, but only once in a while.

Sometimes I feel I’m no different.
To realize, Romance is really one of the means of expressing Love. Just like taking care is.

I love the popular number from the Hindi movie ‘Sarfarosh’; sung by the legendary Jagjit Singh –
“Hoshwalon ko khabar kya, bekhudi kya cheez hai.
Ishq kije fir samajhiye, zindagi kya cheez hai..”

It is from the depths of the heart that passion emanates. And the mind, for all its varied realistic confinements, just plays along and conforms.
Be it in executing the most trivial activities pre-marriage; or, the more responsible sounding ones after.

I know I Love her deep inside.

1 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home